Crime Newz is the official app of Shore News Network, Shore Media & Marketing LLC.
Last updated: January 12, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Shore news Media & Marketing Ltd Co., PO Box 1098, Jackson NJ 08527.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: New Jersey, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Shore News Network, accessible from http://www.shorenewsnetwork.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: All About Cookies by TermsFeed.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session CookiesAdministered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent CookiesAdministered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Google Adsense Terms Of Service
Shore News Network, this website uses Google Adsense, a Web-advertising-service of Google Inc., United States (“Google”). Google Adsense uses “cookies” (text files) that are stored on your computer and allows an analysis of the use of this website by you.
Google Adsense also uses so-called “Web Beacons” (small invisible images) to gather information. Through the use of Web beacons simple actions such as the visitor traffic to the website can be recorded and collected. The information generated by the cookie and/or Web Beacon is information about your use of this site (Url), including your IP address and will be transferred to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the site in order to show and compile reports on website activity and ads for website operators and providing other services with website and internet related services. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is required by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can avoid storing cookies on your hard drive and the display of Web Beacons by choosing to accept in your browser settings, “cookies” (in MS Internet Explorer under “Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Settings”, in Firefox under Tools> Settings> Privacy> Cookies), we would point out however that this may prevent you from using all the features of this website.
By using this site you agree to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner described, and agree to the aforementioned purpose
Financial/FTC Affiliate Disclosure
Shore News Network Federal Trade Commission Affiliate Disclosure, Advertising Disclosure
Shore News Network (TM) is a trademark of Shore News Media & Marketing Ltd., Jackson NJ.
Last Updated March 25, 2021
Shore News Network makes no endorsement of products, services or individuals, including political candidates and affiliate links which appear time to time embedded within stories. SNN, when applied provides these links as is, making no endorsement of products, services or individuals.
Affiliate Advertising Disclosure
SNN is a member of the following affiliate networks in which it generates display and click advertising revenue. All advertising is clearly marked as advertising with a blue triangle or “advertisement” warning.
Commission Junction (retired 3/2021)
SNN uses affiliate programs for monetization to help defray the costs associated with running a free website. It means when you click on links and images and make a purchase or sign up or apply, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site. SNN makes no warranty of any products or services linked within ShoreNewsNetwork.com.
Corporate & Political Campaign Advertising
As of 1/10/21 PIO|Direct Access has been shut down. This paragraph only pertains to PIO|Access features prior to 1/10/21. Shore News Network offered a service called PIO|Direct Access which enables businesses, government, political campaigns and outreach groups equal (and paid) access to airtime with Shore News Network. PIO|Direct Access is not an endorsement of a product, candidate or service, simply a press release and media access service provided to all entities. To learn more about how you can benefit from an editorial account on Shore News Network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. As of 1/10/21 all prior PIO|Direct Access content has been archived off-line.
Shore News Network does not discriminate or block any members of any political party, race, culture or religion from advertising on Shore News Network. Advertising with Shore News Network does not infer that SNN endorses any product, service or individual that advertises. SNN makes no endorsement of political candidates although advertisements for political candidates will appear from time to time on Shore News Network.
Neither the website nor the operators of the website have a personal or business affiliation with any third party advertising entities, including commercial, religious or political advertisers, and is not compensated for performance-based results of content or information contained within articles.
You may also find links on this site to other affiliate programs and affiliations which may include but are not limited to Commission Junction, Infolinks, Amazon.com, Google Adsense or Outbrain.
Shore News Network adheres to a strict ethics policy when it comes to our news. Our news is never guided by anything but facts and truth.
- Fairness and Sourcing: SNN strives to credit and reveal sources and ensure fairness and accuracy in our reporting.
- Anonymous Sources: Anonymous sources may only be used to protect the source from retribution, criminal or political. Although we sometimes use anonymous sources, we maintain detailed records of conversations and interactions with those sources and we do make those records available to law enforcement if/when called upon.
- Use of Quotes: Quotes are never to be altered. Quotes may be truncated, but the use of “…” is mandatory to inform the user that the quote is truncated.
- Originality: News stories that rely on press releases and/or quoting other news sources will be identified as such and clearly within the article.
- Fictitious names and events: We do allow our writers to produce satire and/or fiction pieces, however, those pieces must clearly be labeled as such at the beginning of the article. All fiction writings are strictly reviewed by the editorial staff and few make the cut.
- Errors & Corrections: If you feel a news story has an error and is in need of a correction, please email email@example.com and allow us up to 48 hours to review and correct.
- Blogging: Occasionally we allow guest bloggers. Such blogging must clearly be labeled as “Guest Blogger” or with the blogger’s name in the byline.
- Press Releases: Press releases must be labeled clearly as such and tagged as “Press Release” in our CMS system.
- Advertorials: Advertorials must be labeled clearly as such and tagged as “Press Release” or “Advertorial”
- Opinions: We rarely allow opinion pieces and letters to the editor stating opinions, in fact, almost never. If we allow an opinion it must clearly be labeled as “Your News & Opinions”.
- Gifts: All gifts received by SNN are passed on to our readers in the form of online contest giveaways. No exceptions.
- Comps: We do not allow any of our employees or writers to be “comped” or receive special treatment in any way by a subject of a news article, food review, business review, etc.
- Credentials: All staff members must be properly credential by the NJPA and must identify themselves as working for SNN at any public or private event if they are gathering news.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: www.shorenewsnetwork.com
- By mail: PO Box 1056 Jackson, NJ 08527